MILO and NESQUIK are nutritious drinks containing many valuable minerals and vitamins.
They are a very good source of:
- Calcium is the most common mineral in the body. It is essential for bone growth and development as well as for building and maintaining strong teeth. Furthermore, calcium is involved in a number of biological processes such as nerve function, muscle contraction and blood clotting. Especially for growing children and adolescents it is essential to get enough calcium for proper bone growth.
- Iron is a constituent of haemoglobin, which delivers oxygen to cells, and of myoglobin, which stores oxygen in muscle tissue. In addition, it is a cofactor for a number of important enzymes, for example ones involved in energy production and the immune system.
- Vitamins are necessary cofactors for enzymes. All of them are needed in energy metabolism, some for muscle metabolism (especially vitamin B1 and B6 ), some for forming red blood cells (especially vitamin B2 ) and one in particular (B12 ) for folate metabolism and nerve function.
- Carbohydrates deliver glucose in our body. Glucose is the preferred fuel for the brain and can be stored in the muscles and liver. Carbohydrates are essential in helping to restore energy levels for physical and mental activities, e.g. in school, when consumed at key moments throughout the day.
Branded Active Benefits
- - A combination of 8 vitamines and 4 minerals
- - A combination of energy-releasing micronutrients for growth and development
- - For stronger bones and teeth
GOOD TO REMEMBER
Health benefits of milk
Milk is one of the most nutrient-dense foods, consisting of a unique blend of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. Consuming at least 3 servings of milk or milk products per day can have a positive impact on health and disease prevention. Research has found that milk and milk products are important in the prevention of osteoporosis, in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, colon cancer and insulin resistance (diabetes), and in facilitating weight management.